CSA 2010: Week 6.

In this week's share: broccoli galore!

I had the day off today...sort of. It was closing day at Ryan's co-op preschool, which meant lots of cleaning. My job was cleaning all of the cubbies of a year's worth of cracker crumbs, glitter, sand, dried mud and I-don't-want-to-know-what-else.

Anyway, Jason did the honors and picked up this week's share while I was off vacuuming and scrubbing. He even managed it with both boys in tow! And what a share it was:

-Cabbage
-Kale
-Arugula
-Lots more lettuce
-Fresh garlic
AND
-6 heads of broccoli!

You read that right, SIX heads of broccoli! Fitting it all in the fridge was a real chore. I don't even want to know what the people who get family-sized shares did with their 12 heads of broccoli! I have a plan for some of it, but I think some will just get chopped and blanched and stowed in the freezer. Jason's going to be out of town for a few days and there's no way the boys and I can eat that much broccoli by ourselves!

3 Response to "CSA 2010: Week 6."

  1. Lo Says:

    Wow! That's a lot of broccoli. Fortunately it stores well... and it sounds like that's quite the deal you're getting from your CSA!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I think I would make broccoli soup and freeze it. My kids love it.

  3. Stephanie Says:

    I wish my kids loved broccoli soup, because I sure do! Emeril has a broccoli-cheddar soup recipe that is a favorite of mine in the cooler months. I'll have an update post soon on where some of that broccoli went...

Post a Comment